Does your baby have dark circles under eyes? Don’t be surprised as babies too can get dark circles, which is commonly associated with adults.
Dark circles in babies are a result of poor eating and sleeping habits. In some cases the under eye dark circles also signify “allergy shiners” that indicates underlying problems like cold or allergies. Whatever may be the reason, the good news is that it is treatable.
Causes Behind Dark Circles Under Baby Eyes:
Under eye dark circles are caused by allergies. Blood flow gets restricted when the nose remains blocked. This expands and darkens the veins draining from the eyes to the nose, creating dark circles under your darling’s eyes. Nasal congestion can also exist while your baby suffers from cold or allergies. Some causes of allergies are:
- Too much sneezing
- Runny nose
- Ear infection
- Enlarged adenoids
- Sinus infection
- Hereditary factors
- Liver congestion – this is another cause behind under eye dark circles in b
- Cases of liver congestion in babies are on the rise because of increase in environmental toxins. You need to have a talk with your doctor about treating the liver.
[ Read: Eye Infection In Infants ]
Symptoms That Are Serious:
In some cases, under eye dark circle in babies underline a serious condition that must be evaluated at the earliest. You need to seek medical intervention if you notice any of the serious symptoms:
- White spots in tonsils and throat
- Stuffy nose with swelling on face
- Coughing with green, light brown or yellow mucus
- Blurred vision
Complications Associated With Dark Circles Under Baby Eyes:
Under eye dark circle is not very complicated, but it can nonetheless be the cause behind a serious illness. In some cases the symptoms tend to be due to life threatening conditions. Hence it is very important that this condition must be evaluated without further delay.
It is very important to diagnose the underlying cause and follow the right treatment plan. This can be discussed with and designated by your health care professional. A tailored healthcare plan shall help reduce the potential risk factors.
Here we shall take a look at some of the complications that you would always want to avoid:
- Vision loss
- Spread of infection
- Loss of hearing ability
- Dehydration or loss of electrolytes and fluids – this can lead to life threatening conditions if left untreated.
- Delay in proper growth and development and failure to thrive.
[ Read: Eye Problems In Infants ]
Important Pointers To Remember:
When it comes to dealing with under eye dark circles in babies you need to remember the following:
- It is essential that you concentrate on healing of the gut.
- Ensure your baby gets proper sleep and eats a balanced diet.
- If you have started giving solids to your baby and feel some alterations need to be made, you need to think about it seriously.
- Proper digestion shall optimize the health of your baby.
- Your baby’s overactive immune system may fight against foreign items that are just undigested foods and not illnesses. This may result in greater stress and exhaustion.
- It becomes difficult for an exhausted immune system to fight against real illnesses.
[ Read: Newborn Baby Vision Development ]
If you are not sure about the underlying cause of the dark circles in your baby it is better to get in touch with your doctor. It is always good to be safe than sorry.
We hope this article helps you find the right cause, symptom and ways to treat your baby from under eye dark circles. Do share with us your concerns about under eye dark circles in babies and in case you have experienced this with your little one.
- 7 Effective Tips To Treat Sticky Eyes In Infants
- Watery Eyes In Infants – 3 Causes & 9 Treatments You Should Be Aware Of
- Sty In Baby – 3 Symptoms, 3 Causes And 2 Treatments
- 4 Effective Tips To Cure And Prevent ‘Pink Eye’ In Babies