As soon as babies reach the mark of toddlers, parents would begin to think about finding the best preschool for them.
Choosing the right preschool can be a tough task as it is the first decision you make regarding your toddler’s education. You must find the right preschool to meet the needs of your child, and this is only possible by performing a small research.
There are a few important aspects that you need to consider while you are on the lookout for the best preschool for your toddler.
How To Choose A Preschool For Your Child – 6 Factors To Consider:
A preschool has to relate with the needs of your toddler to make him or her feel comfortable and secure. Consider the following how to choose a preschool checklist:
1. Ask Around:
A good preschool that provides a good education, understanding teachers, social activities and good toilet facilities would sure have a good reputation in the neighborhood.
- Try to interact with the people in the neighborhood to gather both
- Have a chat with the parents whose children are already studying in the school and get an idea.
- Consider the good and bad about the school and choose one.
[ Read: Preschool Advantages ]
2. Distance From Your Home:
Always remember to consider the distance of the school from your home.
- Choose a school which is 5 to 15 minutes away from your home.
- Consider the traffic involved on the route as it should not delay your toddler’s travelling time.
3. Teacher To Student Ratio:
Preschools offer your toddler an opportunity to be independent, but it should also have enough teachers to handle the students.
- You have to make sure that your toddler gets individual attention when required.
- What is the ratio of teachers and students? Inquire this with the preschool authorities.
- Do they have the expertise to handle tough situations? To confirm this surf the Internet and collect proper reviews about the preschool you are choosing for your tot.
4. Have A Budget:
As soon as you have decided on a few preschools, make sure that you inquire about the fees structure followed by the school.
- Have a budget within which you can afford for your toddler’s pre-schooling.
- Calculate your expenses every month and make a calculation on the amount you can save each month for education.
- Choose the preschool that has the fee amount which suits your budget.
5. Visit The School:
Fix an appointment with the schools you have shortlisted and plan a visit with your toddler.
- Let your toddler explore the classroom.
- Make a note of the seating arrangements for students.
- Ask various questions to the teacher regarding the teaching methods they follow. Prepare questionnaire beforehand.
- Enquire about safety and precautionary measures followed in school.
- Know whether they would change the diaper or the toddler must be potty trained.
- Check the discipline methods applied on students.
- Ask whether you pack the snacks for your toddler or does the school provide it.
- Try to get an idea about the nature of the teacher while having a small talk.
[ Read: How To Prepare Child For Preschool ]
6. For Toddlers With Special Needs:
If your toddler has lactose intolerance or is allergic to peanuts, the preschool you choose should be ready to handle it.
- Ask whether the teacher has undergone special treatment to handle emergency situations.
- If your toddler has special physical needs, the school should have bathrooms and classrooms which can be accessed easily by like a wheel chair, crutch, etc.
We hope the above points will help you how to choose the best preschool for your child.
How has your experience been in finding a pre-school for your toddler? Do let us know!
- 4 Helpful Tips To Prepare Your Child For Preschool
- 5 Advantages And Disadvantages Of Sending Your Child To Preschool
- Top 10 Play/Pre Schools In Hyderabad
- 10 Useful Tips For A Better Parent-Teacher Conference