Is your kid mad about Mac and Cheese? Does he not look beyond this creamy dish at home or while dining out? If yes, then you have come to the right place!
Macaroni and cheese are a favorite of kids. They can eat this dish at any time of the day, be it 9 am or 9pm. Instead of providing boxed Mac and Cheese loaded with artificial ingredients, why don’t you make some homemade man and cheese for them?
Here are ten creamy macaroni and cheese recipe for kids packed with less sodium, fat and calories for your little ones.
1. 5 Minute Mac And Cheese:
This mac and cheese recipe for kids is amazing and you can try it out !
- 1/2 pound cooked pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a microwave safe bowl, add pasta, cheese, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well and cover lightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 3 minutes, stir and then microwave for an
- Keep stirring until it becomes smooth and creamy.
[ Read: Pasta Recipes For Kids ]
2. Kid Friendly Mac And Cheese Recipe:
- 1 pound cooked macaroni
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cups flour
- 3 cups milk
- 750 pound cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons
- dry bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Take a saucepan and melt 3/4th cup of butter over medium heat.
- Then stir in the flour and add the milk slowly.
- Bring it to boil and then stir for 2 minutes.
- Take it off the burner and then add cheese, salt, and pepper. Keep stirring until the cheese melts.
- Add the macaroni and mix well.
- Take a casserole dish and mix the remaining butter, bread crumbs and pepper.
- Sprinkle it on macaroni and cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
[ Read: Sweet Potato Recipes For Kids ]
3. Classic Mac And Cheese:
- 400g cooked macaroni
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 500 ml milk
- 250g grated gruyere cheese
- Chopped parsley
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour.
- Cook for 1 minute over medium heat. Then add the milk and stir until it acquires a smooth consistency.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the flame and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Then remove from the heat and add the grated cheese until it is smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and stir well.
- Season with salt, pepper, chopped parsley and serve.
4. Simple Mac And Cheese:
This is an easy mac and cheese recipe for kids. Try it Out !
250g cooked macaroniIngredients:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 450ml milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Heat butter in a pan and then add plain flour to it.
- Add some black pepper, mustard powder and cook on low heat for about minute.
- Then add milk and mix well. Bring the mixture to boil while stirring all the time.
- Then add a handful of cheddar cheese.
- Add the drained pasta to cheese sauce and stir well. Serve with garlic bread.
[ Read: Tofu Recipes For Kids ]
5. Macaroni And Cheddar Cheese:
This an easy kids mac and cheese recipe.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- a couple pinches of Salt
- 1 pound of cooked elbow macaroni
- Heat a medium pan and add oil and butter. Then add flour and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add milk to it and thicken a bit by stirring continuously. Then add 2 cups of cheddar cheese and season with cayenne pepper.
- Add cooked pasta and keep stirring.
- Transfer the macaroni to a baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake the dish until the cheese browns.
[ Read: Easy Chocolate Recipes For Kids ]