Wool or yarn is a wonderful material that your kid can use to make different fun crafts. Encouraging your kids to use their imagination and creativity is important. It gives them a hobby that they can take up and gives them skills that they can use even when they are older.
If you are a parent who organizes craft projects for your kids, you should definitely introduce wool as a material to create awesome stuff at home!
Top 10 Easy Wool Crafts For Kids:
Here are 10 of the best kids wool crafts that you can try out for their next crafts project:
1. Faces Made With Puzzle Pieces And Wool:
This is a really simple craft idea that is ideal for kids of all ages.
- You need a puzzle piece that has “ears”.
- Paint the back of the piece with skin-toned color.
- Take a few lengths of wool and glue them to the top of the puzzle piece to create the hair.
- Glue on a pair of wiggle eyes and draw the nose and mouth.
- You can draw freckles on the face and even use ribbons for the wool hair
[ Read: Fall Crafts For Kids ]
2. Wool And Paper-Clip Bookmarks:
Get a few large paper-clips, yarn, glue, scissors and wiggle eyes.
- Take the yarn and cut it into a dozen 6-inch pieces.
- Fold the yarn in half and hitch them to the paper-clip’s end.
- Draw the ends of the yarn through and down to the end of the clip that is a folded loop.
- The wool “hair” can be styled any way your little one wants.
- Glue on the wiggle eyes and you have a quirky bookmark!
3. Birds Made With Wool Pom-Poms:
You will need multi-colored wool, glue and a small piece of felt in orange color.
- Take a yarn of any color and wrap it around 3 of your fingers. Cut it.
- Pick another colored yarn and wrap it on top of the first color 6 times. Cut again.
- Remember that the more yarn you wrap, the fuller your pom-poms will turn out.
- Take a length of the first yarn you used and tie it into a knot in the center.
- Cut the looped ends of the yarn you wrapped opposite the knot.
- Fluff up your pom-poms and trim the sides to make the secondary yarn the bird’s wings.
- Cut the felt into 2 small triangles to create a beak and leave it to dry after gluing.
[ Read: Animal Crafts For Kids ]
4. Baubles Made With Wool Pom-Poms:
Woolen pom-pom baubles are easy and fun to make. They can be hung on your Christmas tree or anywhere in your little one’s room all year round. With so many different types of wool available these days, your kids can make these baubles as fancy as you like!
- Cut 2 circles from stiff paper such as the ones from cardboard boxes.
- Make donut shapes out of these circles and lay them on top of each other.
- Take your yarn and wrap it until it fills the entire circle and the hole in the middle is almost filled up.
- Carefully cut the wool around the circle’s edge and slowly ease the circles apart.
- Tie a piece of yarn in the center and make sure that you pull it tight.
- Remove the circles. You have a pretty bauble to decorate anything with!
[ Read: Pom Pom Crafts ]
5. Wreaths Made Of Wool:
This is a quick and easy craft that is fun to make.
- Take stiff paper from an old cardboard box
- Cut out a circle as small or as big as you like.
- Cut out another circle from its center, making a donut shape.
- Wrap the wool around the circle until it is completely covered.
- Keep the loose end in place by tucking it under the wrapped wool.
- Now decorate your wreath with sequins or any other decorative items that your little one chooses!