Activities are one of the best ways to make learning a fun filled experience. You too can participate in these activities and encourage your kid to have fun while learning.
There are in fact plenty of things that your kid can try and experiment with both indoors and outdoors. Here are a bunch of top fun activities that you can encourage your child to participate in.
Top 10 Fun Activities For Kids At Home:
Playful activities are a good way to stimulate the self-esteem of your kid. He or she are sure to develop natural skills and build strong creativity through playing.
1. Dough Art:
This fun activity for kids at home is exciting during the holiday season. Here how you can help your child:
- Defrost the bread dough for around 4 hours.
- Give your child an apron, if you feel he or she is too messy.
- Ask your child to make interesting animals, cartoon characters or plants and paint them with food colors.
- Once the dough-art is over, you can bake
[ Read: Summer Camp Activities For Kids ]
2. Backward Day:
This activity is a good way to break from the normal routine. All things happening backward for a day will sure excite your kid!
- You can choose a particular day when your kid will wear clothes backward.
- It’s best to choose a day when there is no school.
- You can also serve dinner backwards and start with the deserts first and end with the main course.
3. Marble Art:
You can enjoy this project with him outdoors:
- Take a white chart paper and some marbles.
- In small containers put Tampera paints and marbles of different colors.
- Help your kid spoon out the marbles and let them roll on the chart paper to create colorful impressions.
[ Read: Team Building Activities For Kids ]
4. Leafy Art:
This is a good way to bring him closer to nature:
- Collect leaves of different shapes, sizes and colors. Be careful that your kid doesn’t touch trees that are harmful.
- Put different poster color paints in a plate and dip the leaves one at a time and press them on a white chart paper.
- To make it more interesting you may add glitters.
[ Read: Garden Activities For Kids ]
5. Photo Album:
If you are thinking of a thoughtful activity, creating a photo album of your kid with dad can be an exciting option:
- You can create an album capturing all the affectionate moments between your kid and his father.
- This is a good way to capture the special moments and the occasions that you will cherish for the rest of your life.
6. Fun With Blankets:
Though it seems strange, you can enjoy with chubby house made from blanket:
- Your kid can have a cuddly and soft private home that is truly unique.
- It’s one of the best options to play peek-a-boo with your kid.
[ Read: Educational Activities For Kids ]
7. Stars In The Sky:
The sky shows its magic at night with stars glittering everywhere.
- You can take your child on the terrace and ask him or her to describe the patterns of the stars what he or she thinks.
- We guarantee you will be amazed with your child’s imagination! Also it a good way to encourage counting.
8. Paper Cuttings:
Children look into magazines and newspapers to find interesting pictures they can cut out.
- You can ask your kid to keep in mind a story or theme for this project, so that he or she can come out with a story from the paper cutting.
- Ask him to glue the paper cuttings in order in a page.
- Let him caption the pictures.
- You can then ask him to write a story based on the cuttings.
- This is a great way to help him figure out his thoughts and it also helps in enhancing writing skills.
[ Read: Cutting And Pasting Activities For Kids ]
9. Packing Boxes:
If you have recently shifted, you will have plenty of cartons lying here and there. Give him the cartons to make a fun activity:
- Encourage your child to make passage ways in the large boxes and create windows to allow light to pass.
- Let there be provision for the windows to be open or close.
- You can also create forts with the boxes.
10. Eating Under The Table:
Well, you can allow him to do this once in a while:
- Your family can enjoy a Sunday special breakfast under the table!
- For this, make sure the floor is clean, the height of the table is good enough to accommodate all and your child is wearing an apron.
- Don’t worry about the mess; you can always clean it later.
These Kids fun activities are a good way to break the monotony of daily life and also foster creativity in your child. These are just some of the fun activity ideas for kids; you can try out different some other fun activities for kids and spend some wonderful moments.
Moms share with us the activity you both love spending time on the most in the comment section below.
- Top 5 Photo Frame Craft Ideas For Kids
- Top 10 Animal Crafts & Activities For Kids
- 4 Interesting Fruits & Vegetables Craft Ideas For Your Kids
- 10 Fun & Interesting Activities For Your Kid
- 17 Amazing Educational Activities For Your Kids That Will Keep Them Engaged