The vacations are nearing and you don’t know how you can keep your kid engaged – Is this the scenario with you? If yes, then no worries, Momjunction have several anecdotes just for you.
This time it’s – Balloons. Yes, the bouncy things that all kids love playing with.
We have compiled an interesting set of balloon activities for you and your kid to enjoy together. The good thing is you don’t need to spend much while letting your kid have fun with balloons. These can also make a serious learning process fun. So encourage your kid to experiment and have fun with these colorful balloons in different ways.
Top 10 Balloon Activities For Kids:
Here are some interesting balloon activities for your kids:
1. Balloon Monsters:
This fun game will foster creativity in your kid:
- Blow some balloons.
- Take a sketch pen and let your kid draw interesting faces on it.
- He can also draw his favorite cartoon character, one on each balloon.
- The balloons may burs
2. Balloon Blast:
This is a good way to surprise your little wonder.
- Put some treats in a pre-blown balloon. You can also put some small things like tiny toys inside.
- Hang the balloon filled with treats along with other empty balloons.
- Ask your kid to burst all of them and find his hidden gift from one of them.
- This can be a fabulous game and apt for birthday parties!
3. Volley Balloon:
This can be a great outdoor fun activity.
- When you are going out for picnic, you can blow some big sized balloons and let your kid enjoy playing volley ball with them.
- Involve family members in the play. We are sure your child will love that more than playing with the balloon alone.
[ Read : Outdoor Activities For Kids ]
4. Balloons And Static Electricity:
If you want to make learning fun, this can be a great option.
- Blow up a balloon.
- Ask your kid to rub it against his woollen sweater, trousers or blanket.
- Now ask him to rub the balloon on the wall and see it stick.
- It is the static electricity created that is holding the balloon against the wall.
- Explain the magic behind this fun activity and see your kids eyes get bigger with awe.
[ Read : Wool Crafts For Kids ]
5. Sensory Balloons:
This activity can help develop sensory skills in kids.
- Fill each balloon with something different. Like you can keep dough rice, pasta or sugar.
- Blow each up.
- Let your kid play with all the balloons and experience how each of them feels.
- Sensory balloons can be a great way to help your kid explore the world around him.
6. Balloon Water Fight:
If you talk about water balloon activities, they are an instant hit among kids:
- Fill one-third of the balloons with water.
- Fill couple of balloons and start throwing at each other.
- Have a great fun time together.
7. Balloon Painting:
If you are trying to bring out the creative genius in your little one, this can be lot of fun:
- Blow up the balloons a bit.
- Ask your kid to dip them in paint and bounce them all over a paper.
- Use different colors and make a colorful painting.
- After the page dries up, hang it in your child’s creative corner in his or her room.
[ Read : Vegetable Painting For Kids ]
8. Balloon Game:
Development of motor skills is essential for your kid. Holding or grasping an object helps improving the motor skills.
- Blow some balloons and throw them in the air.
- Your kid can pat the balloons against each other.
- This game will help your kid learn to focus.
[ Read : Fine Motor Activities For Kids ]
9. Balloon Balance:
This game can help your kid learn the balancing act and it can be a fun party game.
- Blow around 15 small balloons and put them on the floor.
- Give 2 minutes to your kid and his or her friends to pick them up and hold as many they can.
- Ask them to collect the balloons in a basket, which you need to provide.
- One with maximum balloons becomes the winner.
10. Balloon Bop:
Kids in group will have real fun playing this game:
- Keep a balloon in the middle and ask kids to form a circle around it.
- Call out a name and ask him or her to hit the balloon with a particular body part.
- You can ask them to use hands, head, feet, elbow or knee.
[ Read : Teachers Day Activities ]
Balloons cause choking hazards so make sure to be around your kid while he or she plays. Moms do share with us other interesting balloon activities that you enjoyed with your kid.
- Top 5 Photo Frame Craft Ideas For Kids
- Top 10 Animal Crafts & Activities For Kids
- 4 Interesting Fruits & Vegetables Craft Ideas For Your Kids
- 10 Fun & Interesting Activities For Your Kid
- 17 Amazing Educational Activities For Your Kids That Will Keep Them Engaged