One of the biggest complaints, that parents have these days, is that their children do not spend enough time in physical activities. With the onslaught of various gadgets like gaming consoles and time being spent indoors, sending your child out to play can be quite a task.
If this sounds like your daily task, we have some effective solutions to help you set a routine for your kids exercises.
It is a well-known fact that exercising can boost ones capacity to think positively and rid stress. Considering this, it is pertinent for you to guide your kids and ask them to follow a daily exercise schedule. This helps them experience the delight of exercising and leading a fit and peaceful life.
You must remember that the younger the age at which your kids start exercising, lesser are their chances of any illnesses, as it strengthens immunity. Some of the multiple benefits that they can experience by exercising are improved focus, a strong immune system, enhanced m
Children are often not interested in exercising. They will find many excuses to drop out or outright tell you they are not enjoying the experience. As a parent, you need to find interesting ways of exercising that will keep your child coming back for more.
Top 10 Exercise For Kids And Benefits:
Here are the top 10 exercises for children that will keep them interested and healthy!
Cycling is a very good form of exercise. You must ensure that your kids learn cycling at an early age. Here are the many benefits of cycling:
- It toughens the thighs, legs and hip muscles.
- Considered one of the best cardio work-outs, it enhances blood flow and improves the functions of the heart and brain.
- Vigorous cycling lessens blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Weight loss is greatly aided by cycling and early or teenage obesity can easily be prevented.
- Diabetes mellitus can be controlled by regular cycling.
- Fighting tiredness and boosting the resistance power of the body are some of the other benefits that can be achieved through this exercise.
- This exercise facilitates the release of ‘feel good hormones,’ known as ‘endorphins.’
- It boosts the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine and provides a sense of relaxation and well-being.
- Increase in the levels of neurotransmitters causes the development of cognitive abilities.
Skipping is perhaps one of the best cardio work-outs for kids. Kids are full of energy and need to use it the right way. Here are the many benefits of skipping:
- It helps them utilize their energies in a positive manner.
- Children suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) are often advised to skip on a regular basis.
- It should not only be considered as an exercise but also as an enjoyment.
- Jumping high repeatedly during skipping strengthens their leg, thigh and calf muscles.
Skating is good entertainment for your kids. Here are the many benefits of skating:
- It adds ample stress to their thigh and leg muscles. This turns their muscles strong
- Skating needs stability and patience. Regular practice instills these qualities in your children.
- Fast paced skating acts as an intense work-out and decreases body fat.
- It aids in the rapid movement of thighs, hips and shins and strengthens these muscles.
Swimming is one of the best cardio work-outs for your kids. It should always be done few hours after having meals. Here are the many benefits of swimming:
- It enhances their muscle and endurance power.
- It also aids digestion.
- It is also a great way to lose weight and is a great breathing exercise.
[ Read: Water Safety Rules For Kids ]