Is your child’s whining driving you crazy? if yes, then this article is just for you to help you stay sane!
If you are troubled by your child’s constant whining, don’t worry. You are not alone as most of the parents go through this trying phase. Here are four brilliant tricks to deal with your whiny child!
What Is Whining?
Whining is one of those annoying ways that your child uses to fulfill her demands. This high pitched tone would drive you nuts within a few minutes. Your child tends to whine for the following reasons, such as:
- The Winning “Mantra” For Your Child:When you start accepting her requests while she whines, she feels that it is the best way to get things done.
- Manipulating Your Emotions: Do you feel sorry for your child when she whines at a high tone? If yes, then you are actually submitting to your child’s whining as it evokes parental guilt.
- Mimicking Adults At Home: Do you have an adult at home who speaks at a high tone or in an irritating tone to oth
- Deprived Of Sleep: Is your child getting enough hours of sleep? When your child is deprived of sleep, she gets irritated and stressed.
Even if you are not sure about the reason behind your whiny children, do a small research to be aware of the whining moments. So how do you deal with the whining in children? Let’s find out.
[ Read: How To Handle Kids ]
Tips To Deal With Your Whiny Child:
Instead of asking your child to stop whining every time, you can try out the following ways discussed below:
1. Keep It Neat And Simple:
When your child begins to whine, you can just calmly say that you will listen to her only if she stops whining.
- You must have the patience to stay calm until your child stops whining.
- Refrain from speaking until your child speaks in a calm tone.
- Repeat this many times a day and practice it every day.
- This would teach your child that you will not listen to her until she stops her whining.
2. Help Your Child Recognize:
When your child is in a good mood and interacting with you happily, ask her to share a recent whining incident.
- Tell her if she could have asked you softly, it would have made you much happier.
- Also encourage her to speak up.
- This would help your child to realize her mistake and how you feel about it.
[ Read: How To Stop Motion Sickness ]
3. Be A Good Role Model:
If you feel that your child has learned this behavior from people at home, then speak to your family members and ask them to practice the right way of communication.
- Make sure there are no arguments or quarrels happening before your child.
- If you are stressed about anything at home, stop and think before you speak. Take deep breaths and count numbers to make sure you do not scream or speak in a harsh tone.
4. Promote Good Sleeping Habits:
Make sure that your child gets enough amount of rest each day.
- Analyze your child’s activities such as the hours spent in watching TV or playing video games. These can disrupt her sleep schedule.
- Enforce bed time stories and routine bedtime for your child to help her sleep for specific hours at the exact time each day.
[ Read: Sleep Apnea In Children ]
It is always better to know the reason behind child whining and take corrective measures accordingly. Remember that it would take about a month’s time for your child to overcome whining. Hence be patient and openly communicate with your child.
We hope this article was helpful and informative. If you have any more ideas and tips on how to deal with whining children, please do share with us!
- 6 Common Causes Of Sleepwalking In Your Kids
- 7 Effective Tips To Deal With Sleep Talking In Kids
- Sleeping Disorders In Children – Causes, Symptoms And Solutions