- 10 Amazing Ben 10 Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love
- 25 Printable Pokemon Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love
- Top 25 Tinker Bell Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- 10 Exciting Power Rangers Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love
- 10 Cute Tom And Jerry Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Color
“The Wizard of Oz” is an American musical movie, loved by kids and adults alike. The film is an adaptation of the 1990 novel “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz” by L. Frank Baum. It is noted for its musical score, unusual characters, fantasy storytelling and its use of Technicolor. The film was also nominated for Six Academy awards, including the Best Picture.
The story revolves around Dorothy, a young orphan girl who was swept away to the magical Land of Oz in a tornado. The adventure begins when she embarks on a quest to meet the Wizard, the only person who can only help her in returning home.
Top 15 The Wizard of Oz Coloring Pages:
You can make your kids familiar with this classic f
1. Wicked Witch Of The West:
The Wicked Witch of the West is one of the major antagonists of this movie.
- She is so wicked that all the blood in her body has dried.
- She has a wrinkled skin with large warts. She has long, unkempt and sloppily styled gray hair.
- The Wicked Witch of the West has only one working eye. The other eye stays covered with an eye patch.
- She wears weird clothes and carries a huge umbrella to beat her slaves.
[ Read: Naruto Coloring Pages ]
2. Dorothy Gale:
Dorothy Gale is the main protagonist of “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz”.
- She is an adorable, young girl who lives on Kansas acreage with her uncle Henry and Aunt Em. Her only source of entertainment is Toto, her pet dog.
- She settles down in Emerald City after her Uncle and Aunt shift to the outskirts in Kansas, unable to pay the mortgage on their house.
- Dorothy is always dressed in white and blue gingham.
- She has chubby little hands, huge eyes and a round face.
3. Tin Woodman:
Tin Woodman is one of the recurring characters in the “Wizard of Oz series”.
- He is the second character to join Dorothy in her expedition.
- He joins Dorothy’s quest in order to get a heart from the Wizard.
- He was originally a Munchkin by the name of Nick Cooper, but gradually his human parts were replaced with metal ones.
- As the name suggests, Tin Woodman is made entirely of tin.
- He is of an average adult height, characteristic of a Munchkin.
[ Read: Pokemon Coloring Pages ]
4. Wicked Witch Of The East:
The Wicket Witch of the East, also known as Mombi, is one of the four witches, presiding over the four countries of the magical Land of Oz.
- She is considered the most powerful witch of the lot.
- She is the owner of magical silver shoes that helped her conquer and enslave the natives of the Munchkin country.
- Like the Wicked Witch of the West, she was also killed by Dorothy.
[ Read: Spiderman Coloring Pages ]
Glinda is a beautiful good witch of the South Country of Oz.
- She is the most powerful and respected witch of the land.
- She lives in the magical Land of Oz and is the official ruler of Oz’s southern quadrant. She stays in a beautiful and vast red palace, made of rubies.
- This immortal witch is unbelievably beautiful and young in appearance, despite being thousands of years old.
- She has delicate, porcelain like skin and deep blue eyes. She is always seen dressed in breathtakingly beautiful gowns.
6. Wizard Of Oz:
The wizard of Oz, also known as Oz, is the titular character of “The Wizard of Oz”.
- Wizard is the ruler of the Land of Oz, highly venerated by his subjects.
- Wizard is the only person who can grant the wish of Dorothy. He was initially reluctant to even meet Dorothy, but eventually grants her wish.
- Wizard appears in different forms throughout the story; once as a beautiful fairy, once as a horrible monster, one as a giant head and once as a ball of fire.
[ Read: Superman Coloring Pages ]
Scarecrow is the travelling companion and a loyal comrade to Dorothy. He accompanies Dorothy to meet the Wizard in order to ask for a set of brains that he lacked.
- He is an extremely gentle character who is honest to all those who love him.
- He becomes one of the cleverest figures of Oz after receiving the reward from the Wizard.
- Scarecrow is made of munchkin clothes and straw. His left eye is smaller than the right one.
[ Read: Transformers Coloring Pages ]
8. Good Witch Of The North:
The Good Witch of the North is the first witch to appear in the magical Land of Oz.
- She is an elderly and well-mannered ruler of the purple Gilikins and the official head ruler of the North County.
- She became the ruler of the Gilikins Country by overthrowing Mombi, the wicked witch.
- She is an extremely gentle and kind character, who always stands against the oppression and subjugation of the people. She is loved by not just her subjects, but also by the Munchkins.
9. Cowardly Lion:
The cowardly lion is a huge, friendly beast belonging to the enchanted jungles and rainforests of the magical lands of Oz.
- He is the third and final character to join Dorothy on her epic journey to the Emerald city to see the powerful Wizard.
- Cowardly Lion is a huge, handsome lion with a kind heart.
- He has a pair of golden eyes and soft, bushy and curly mane.
He adorns his mane and tail with a brightly colored bow.
[ Read: Power Rangers Coloring Pages ]
10. Winged Monkeys:
The Winged monkeys, also known as flying monkeys are integral characters from the “The Wizard of Oz”.
- These powerful creatures have a pair of wings that help them fly in the air like a bird or a hawk.
- These monkeys are neither good nor evil. These mischievous and playful creatures are somewhere in between.
- They do good or bad, depending on who owns them and what the situation is.
11. Dorothy and Her Friends:
In this picture, we see Dorothy with all her friends she meets on her way to the Emerald City, to meet the Wizard of Oz. There is the Tin Woodman, the Cowardly Lion and the Scarecrow. There is Toto, Dorothy’s pet by their side. All of them are going to the Wizard who lives in the Emerald City to fulfill their life’s wishes.
You can also ask your child about this wish and try to fulfill it. Give him a surprise that will make him happy. After watching the musical fantasy film ‘Wizard of Oz’, your child will love coloring the page. Since the background is left plain, you can ask your child to color the yellow brick road and the forest around them, to make the page look like a scene from the movie. Your child’s brilliant artistic skills will transform this picture! You can also use it as a poster for his or her room.
12. Tinman Needs To Be Refueled:
L.Frank Baum was inspired to create the character of the Tin Woodman by a figure he had built out of metal parts for a shop display.
The Tinman was an ordinary man named Nick Chopper and he used to make his living by chopping down trees. The Wicked Witch of East enchanted his axe to prevent him to marry the girl he loved. The girl was the witch’s servant and the witch didn’t want to lose her. The enchanted axe chopped Nick’s legs one by one and he replaced it with prosthetic limb made up of tin. Finally, his entire body was made of tin. However, Ku-Klip, the tinsmith forgot to give him a heart. So you could no longer have any feelings for his sweetheart.
In the ‘Wonderful Land of Oz’ the Tinman befriends Dorothy in the forest, on her way to the Emerald City. Dorothy found the Tin Woodman rusted since he was caught in the rain and needed some oil to walk again. In this picture, we see the Scarecrow helping the Tinman, to get back into action by adding oil in his joints. Your child will love coloring the minute details of the Tinman and the scarecrow; it is a reflection that your little one’s observation powers are becoming powerful.
Munchkin Kingdom or Munchkin land is the eastern region of the fictional Land of Oz, described in ‘The Wonderful Wizard of Oz’.
The word ‘munchkin’ in common parlance means someone with a short stature, but in this film it is shown that all munchkins are of normal height. The famous Munchkin is the Tin Woodman himself, who joins Dorothy in her journey towards the Emerald City, to get a heart from the grand wizard. The Munchkin Country is distinguished by the color blue, all munchkins wear the blue color and in the surroundings has the color blue too! The Munchkin is described as rich, beautiful, fertile and pleasant.
Munchkin land is inhabited by friendly people but the western side has a dense forest occupied by ferocious beasts. Dorothy Gale lands in the Munchkin land after her house is carried away by a powerful tornado. The farmhouse landed on the Wicked Witch of the East and killed her. This witch was a tyrant and ruled over the Munchkin land. So Dorothy got a hero’s welcome at Munchkin Land, by the fellow Munchkins and the Good Witch Glinda. She also got the ruby slippers from Glinda, these slippers belonged to the Wicked Witch of the East.
Some prominent locations in Munchkin Land are Mount Munch, Sapphire City, Seebania, Unicorners, College of Art and Athletic Perfection run by Professor Woggle-Bug, Deadly Poppy Field, Lake Orizon and Ozure Isles. In this picture, we see a Munchkin General and two Munchkin soldiers.
The story of the Wizard of Oz begins with Toto biting Miss Almira Gulch, Dorothy’s cruel neighbour. Miss Gulch takes the permission of the Sheriff to kill Toto. However, Toto escapes and returns back to Dorothy. Both Dorothy and Toto try to escape from the cruel Miss Gulch. When Dorothy tries to run away Professor Marvel tricks her using a crystal ball saying her aunt is ill. When Dorothy rushes back home, she and Toto are swept by the tornado and from there the adventure begins. Toto is an intelligent dog and Dorothy’s best friend, there are inseparable.
At the Emerald City when the wizard declined to fulfill their wishes. Toto revealed that the wizard was actually a normal middle-aged man, who resemblesProfessor Marvel. Then the wizard fulfills all their wishes, he gives Scarecrow a diploma, the Lion a medal and the Tin man a heart shaped pocket. Then he arranges for a hot air balloon for Dorothy and Toto to return home. The balloon carries Toto away leaving behind Dorothy. Glinda helps to Dorothy to reach home safely by tapping her feet thrice. The story ends on a very happy note. Since,Dorothy is surrounded by her family and she reunites with Toto. Though it is a musical fantasy, you can actually connect with the essence of the story.
Toto is adorable and never leaves Dorothy’s side. If you have a pet at home, then your child will love coloring Toto even more. Notice, how he uses colors to create new textures on Toto’s body, since Toto is a furry dog and is chocolate brown in color.
15. The Grand Wizard of Oz:
The Wizard of Oz is a novel written by L. Frank Baum, which was adapted into a musical fantasy by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. As the story goes, Dorothy and her pet dog Toto were swept away by a powerful tornado. She landed in Munchkinland, in the world of Oz, where Glinda, the good witch of the North and the Munchkins welcomed her warmly. Glinda tells Dorothy to follow the yellow brick road to reach the Emerald City, where the Wizard of Oz lives. On her way to the Emerald City Dorothy meets the scarecrow, the Tinman, the cowardly lion who wanted brain, heart and courage from the grand Wizard. Dorothy just wanted to go back to her home in Kansas.
In this picture we see Dorothy meeting the Wizard of Oz in the Emerald City and requesting him to fulfill her friends’ wishes. She was a selfless girl and a loyal friend, so she wanted her friends wishes to be fulfilled first. Your child will enjoy coloring the Wizard of Oz and little Dorothy. If your child has heard the story from you and also watched the film, he will definitely love coloring this picture even more. Adding a bit of sparkles in the picture or using gold paint will make the picture look bright and it will also add a magic touch to it!
‘Wizard of Oz’ is a very famous novel by L. Frank Baum. The film transports you into a land of wonder and mystery. Child loves such fantasy stories with witches and fairies in it. They will associate themselves with Dorothy and will love watching her adventures in the Land of Oz. Let her enjoy coloring some of her favorite characters from the ‘Wizard of Oz’.
These coloring images are with simple outlines, so even younger kids can work on this free printable wizard of oz coloring pages without much difficulty. Compile all the sheets to make a low cost coloring book for your children.
Once done, do remember to share some of the colored pictures from this wizard of oz coloring book here!