Who said pregnancy is the time when you have to wrap yourself in bulky clothes? The modern maternity wears available these days not only offer a comfortable fit but also a super sleek look. All you need to have is awareness about the latest fashion trends so that you can make them work in your favor.
So, how to dress when you are pregnant? Make sure to carefully select the clothes and look forward to advice from the “fashion gurus” to look fabulous. Pregnancy is the time when you must look and feel good. So, try out all possible ways to flaunt your baby bump in the most stylish and careful ways.
5 Tips For How To Dress Up In Pregnancy:
When it comes to how to dress well during pregnancy, you need to keep in mind some important pointers. Keeping in mind these basic things will ensure that you look charming and elegant in these dresses.
1. Look For Mid Length Clothes:
Mid length skirts help you look elegant. Dresses just above your knee show your gorgeous legs.
- This can be an ideal choice for formal events and office.
- Dresses and casual skirts with mid-calf length look extremely trendy.
- The short dresses look extremely good on women in their second and third trimester.
2. Draw Attention To The Top Of Your Body:
A simple trick to look elegant in your pregnancy is to wear well fitted maternity clothes that show emphasis on your top. Try out the following:
- You can try the cowl necklines and halter necks. These can be great for your office.
- V neckline of the sweetheart neckline looks great on tops and formal dresses.
- Experiment with different sleeves. Butterfly and pointy sleeves look trendy.
- Look for dresses with ribbon under the bust to look elegant.
[ Read: Pregnancy Clothes ]
3. Be Open To Formatting Items:
Pencil skirts, skinny jeans, sheath dresses, sweaters are very trendy maternity wears.
- These are designed to accommodate the baby bump and show your beautiful curves.
- These are super hip, practical and comfortable as well.
4. Look For Flexible Dresses:
To ensure you stay comfortable during pregnancy, choose dresses that are flexible.
- You will certainly want the dress to expand as you progress in your pregnancy.
- Look for the tie side or the stretch panels and see the dress expanding with your progression in pregnancy.
- The dress shall again decrease and return back to the standard size.
- Adjustable dresses come with pleats and layers in the front. You can try these dresses that can be worn after pregnancy as well.
[ Read: Wearing Bra Uring Pregnancy ]
5. Have Fun with Decorative Details, Colors and Patterns:
Do not hesitate to have fun with different colors, patterns and designs while looking for best dresses for pregnant women. Here are some of the options you can try:
- Horizontal stripes are a great option for maternity wear.
- Look for the monochrome patterns.
- Color blocking has become one of the trendiest fashion statements these days.
- Combinations of yellow and blue or black and white can look completely gorgeous.
- Experiment with any two types of colors.
- Look for decorative motifs that help you look extra stylish.
[ Read: Pregnancy Pillow ]
Your temperament as well as temperature changes during pregnancy, so make sure the fabrics you choose are breathable, comfortable and easy to clean.
Coco Chanel once said, “Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions.” Understand your shape that constitutes the basis of dressing fashionably. You must not hesitate to follow your own sense of style when it comes to stacking your wardrobe with maternity wears.
The maternity dresses are designed to complement the changes your body is going through, so that you look at your best throughout the 9 months. Irrespective of whether you are short, tall, heavy built or curvy, you have so many choices to look good!
Tell us more about your taste would-be-mommies. Share your thoughts on our 5 tips for how to dress up in pregnancy in the comment section below with other moms.
- What Are The Right Clothes To Wear During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Wear Spanx During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Wear A Bra During Pregnancy?
- Pregnancy Pillow – What Is It And What Are Its Benefits?