Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Pregnancy is a beautiful, life changing experience for a woman! It also is a paradigm shift when you tend to focus more on your physical and mental health for your baby’s growth.
It is difficult to maintain an exercise routine, with the morning sickness, tiredness and the hormonal changes, and the last thing you feel like doing is – workout.
Nevertheless, exercising during pregnancy can benefit you a lot. Thanks to those feel good hormones called “endorphins” it can reduce stress and boost your energy levels.
Tips Before Exercise:
Do keep in mind these:
1. Getting A Clean Chit:
Hold on momma! Before you pick up those weights or hop on a treadmill be sure to check with your doctor if you are ready for any kind of work out and have no complications in your pregnancy.
2. Choices, Choices, Choices:
It’s a known fact that strenuous exercises are to be avoided, thus you will need to choose much slower paced workouts. Belly dancing is one suc
Belly Dance During Pregnancy:
In ancient times, during labor, women would circle around pregnant women and belly dance. The rhythm and music was hypnotic and would keep labor pains off her mind and help in focusing on the birth process.
- Today belly dancing is considered an exercise, a way to get fit. Given its slow paced movement it is an apt option during pregnancy.
- Before getting started please make sure you choose a professional instructor who is versed to handle a class, especially for pregnant women.
Core Benefits of Belly Dance For Pregnant Women:
A bulging belly and the added weight in pregnancy can make you feel conscious about your appearance. Belly dancing boosts a pregnant woman’s self-esteem and makes you feel feminine and graceful. The movements will make you feel beautiful and help archive a positive body image.
1. Belly dancing uses some of the major muscle groups that are also used during labor.
2. The moves that consist of sways and hip drops work the pelvic and abdominal muscles.
3. Belly dancing when done properly is known to naturally move the baby into the right position for birth.
4. It also tones the pelvic floor and reduces the chances of uterine prolapsed.
5. The repetitive movements and rhythm involved are subtle and very soothing, which in turn helps in good blood flow.
6. The movements primarily involve the abdominal area. Moving your torso helps the food move freely through the digestive tract and aiding digestion. This helps prevent constipation as well.
Precautions To Take:
During your nine months, you need to stay abridged with all precautions and safety, so as to ensure a healthy time for you and your unborn baby. You need to follow certain precautions while doing pregnancy belly dance. :
1. Belly dancing for pregnancy isn’t recommended if you have pregnancy complications such as Gestational Diabetes, Pre-eclampsia, Placenta Previa or a history of premature labor.
2. Avoid any sharp, sudden and quick movements. Always choose a slow rhythmic music.
3. To avoid any ligament tear always keep your knees bent ‘soft’ and not locked.
4. Avoid back bends, sharp hip twists and jumps. Also stay clear of shimmies since they can stimulate your baby.
5. Drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated during and after the dance. Have a snack 1 or 2 hours before belly dancing.
6. If you start to feel any pain or dizziness stop immediately and consult your doctor.
Enjoy these precious moments of your pregnancy, in a few months you will need to straddle up and get ready for the ride of your life. Before that, if you choose belly dancing as one of your exercise routine, apply these safe moves:
1. Doing more of large hip circles helps correct positioning of the baby.
2. Stick to Figure 8’s, this move when done backwards and forwards is perfect during labor.
3. Swing your pelvis from side to side
Hope you liked our exhaustive information on belly dance during pregnancy, do share with us your experience of belly dancing and how it helped you during pregnancy:
- Is It Safe To Do Ballet During Pregnancy?
- 11 Precautions To Take Care While Doing A Manicure During Pregnancy
- 6 Helpful Precautions To Take While Cleaning During Pregnancy
- Is It Safe To Consume Evening Primrose Oil During Pregnancy?