With Christmas around the corner, it is the right time to teach him more about the festival of Christmas and its significance. Jingle Bells may be your toddler’s favorite song. Help him explore his creativity as he enjoys the spirit of Christmas. Read on, to find some fun Christmas craft ideas your toddler will enjoy doing this festive season.
Here is our pick of top 10 fun Christmas activities for toddlers:
1. Toddler Hand And Foot Print Christmas Tree:
This craft will remain one of your favorite for years to come.
- A big chart paper to make the base
- Chart papers in three different colors. These should be different from the color of the base chart paper
- Glitter glue or glitter paint
- Safety scissors
- Help your toddler in making a set of handprints on one of the colorful chart papers.
- Use another colored chart paper to make another set of handprints. It can be used to make the star at the top of the Christmas tree.
- Help your toddler in t
- Help your toddler cut these out in a tree shape with the help of safety scissors.
- Help him outline the cut-outs with a glitter glue.
- Help your toddler glue one set of handprint in an upward direction on the chart paper that will form the base.
- Below this, help your toddler glue the other set of handprints in a downward direction. Do this to make the whole Christmas tree.
- Help your toddler in creating a footprint at the bottom of the tree to form its base.
- Help him make the tree more bright and beautiful!
[ Read: Christmas Coloring Pages ]
2. Paper Plate Wreath:
This beautiful craft will adorn your door this Christmas!
- A paper plate
- Paints in different colors
- Safety scissors
- Red ribbon
- Help your toddler cut out the middle of the paper plate.
- Let your toddler paint the paper plate in different colors.
- Teach him how to tie a bow using the red ribbon.
- Help your toddler glue the bow at the bottom of the paper plate.
3. Chart Paper Strips Christmas Tree:
This is one of the easy toddler Christmas activities, that will help him identify various colors.
- Chart paper in different colors
- White chart paper to make the base
- Help your toddler in tearing long strips from the chart papers.
- Help him glue these on the white chart paper in a criss-cross pattern to look like a Christmas tree.
- Help him cut a square from a darker paper.
- Stick the square at the bottom to make it look like a tree-trunk.
[ Read: Fun Activities For Toddlers ]
4. Button Christmas Tree:
Your family will love this cute and unique Christmas tree!
- Chart paper to make a base
- Buttons in different shapes and colors, mostly green if possible
- Help your toddler in drawing a big triangle on the base chart paper. It is the outline of the tree.
- Help your toddler glue the buttons within the outline.
- Use two dark buttons at the bottom to form the trunk.
5. Lamp Snowman:
This innovative snowman will light up your home for Christmas!
- Two round ceiling lamps in white, one bigger than the other
- Cord to attach the two lamps together
- Black, yellow and red chart paper
- Safety scissors
- Help your toddler cut out circles from the black chart paper and a triangle from the yellow chart paper.
- Help him glue the two circles to form the eyes, a crescent to form a smile and a triangle to form the nose on the smaller lamp.
- Help him glue the remaining circles on the bigger lamp to form buttons.
- Help your toddler in tearing a wide strip from the red chart paper.
- Help him make cuts at both the edges to give a flap-like effect.
- Attach the smaller lamp on top of the bigger one with the help of the cord.
- Wrap or glue the red paper around the bigger one to form a scarf.