Are you worried about the unnatural hair growth during your pregnancy? Have you tried to remove your body hair, only to find it increasingly difficult, even more so as your body is expanding? Are you thinking of undergoing a laser hair removal surgery?
If you have been going through these issues, you may be worried whether laser hair removal safe in pregnancy or not. Read on to know more about using laser hair removal while pregnant.
Is It Safe To Get Laser Hair Removal During Pregnancy?
Most clinics and beauticians will tell you that it is safe to get a laser hair removal when pregnant. However, there are certain side effects of the laser hair removal technique that you need to be aware of.
When you are pregnant, your body goes through a lot of changes, both internally and externally. There is an increase and sometimes imbalance in your hormone production. This leads to multiple changes, especially hair growth on the body. You may see the appearance of hair on your fac
Laser hair removal is quickly gaining reputation. But doctors recommended that you stay away from this procedure while you are pregnant. At the moment, there is not much information about how much it can harm you, or what may be its side effects. However, doctors believe that it is safe to avoid laser hair removal techniques while you are pregnant, in order to be cautious about the effects.
[ Read: Is It Safe To Use Hair Removal Cream During Pregnancy ]
A Few Possible Concerns:
Here are a few concerns you should look into before you consider going for a laser hair removal procedure while you are pregnant:
- A laser hair removal treatment uses non-ionizing radiation. This technique produces intense heat in order to remove the unwanted hair from its roots. It does not cause any cell mutation. The laser light beams penetrate into your skin for only a few millimeters. However, the non-iodizing radiation can be absorbed by the surrounding tissue in the area. Doctors are not sure about how this can affect your unborn baby.
- In some cases, you might feel some pain or discomfort while using a laser hair removal process. For this purpose, cosmetologists may use a numbing cream. Your body will absorb anything that is topically applied on your skin. Doctors recommend that you do not use such creams while you are pregnant.
[ Read: Is It Safe to Use Nair During Pregnancy ]
- Your skin gets very sensitive while you are pregnant. The laser hair removal treatment may cause pain, redness or irritation, leading to further skin problems.
- A complete laser hair removal treatment may require treatment for about six to eight months. This will depend on the growth and coarseness of your hair. This also means that you may need to continue the treatment till the later part of your pregnancy. Your skin and various parts of the body can get more sensitive in the later stages. This can make the process extremely uncomfortable. Also, lying down or sitting for these procedures can be difficult during the advanced stages of your pregnancy.
- The laser hair removal treatment will depend upon your hair growth pattern. This can change while you are pregnant. The hormonal changes you will go through during pregnancy can stimulate the maturation of dormant hair follicles. It can also shorten your hair growth cycle. The treatment that you decide to go for while you are pregnant may not be effective due this constant change.
[ Read: Botox During Pregnancy ]
You can always postpone your treatment in case you commenced the procedure but are now pregnant. It is however recommended that you wait till your baby has stopped breast feeding.
While there are no conclusive results about laser hair removal side effects on your baby, studies are still on. There are no conclusive results that prove the procedure is completely safe either. To be on the safer side and ensure there is no harm caused to your unborn baby, it is better to avoid the procedure during pregnancy.
What are your thoughts on whether is it safe to do laser hair removal during pregnancy? Please do share your valuable feedback with us. Also share your thoughts on your previous laser hair treatment procedures if any, by commenting below. Simultaneously share this article among your friends and family.
- Is It Safe To Get A Bikini Wax Done During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Wax During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Use Depilatory Cream Nair During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Use A Tanning Bed During Pregnancy?