Halloween is a deliciously spooky time for kids! Going out for trick or treat and eating scary-shaped foods are part and parcel of the Halloween day.
If you want to make your home extra spooky this time, you can encourage your toddlers to take part in Halloween crafts and activities. These crafts can be perfect for your Halloween party as well.
7 Funky Halloween Crafts For Toddlers:
So who said Halloween is only for those who trick or treat? These 7 Halloween activities for preschoolers discussed below shall be a great fun for your little one. Take a look:
1. Bat Costume:
Your toddler will surely love wearing this costume:
- Long sleeved black T shirt
- Leggings or black pants
- Ribbon or elastic for mask
- Lightweight or polyester material
- You can use bat wing templates and attach to his sweatshirt using pins along the neck line. To keep it under control, you can also put another pin at the bottom of his shirt.
- For the bat ear, you need to
- For the bat mask, cut out a template from the black card. Cut out the bat’s eyes.
- Punch two holes on two sides and tie a thin elastic or ribbon.
Your toddler is now ready for the party!
2. Wooden Spoon Cat Puppet:
A wooden spoon cat can be your toddler’s great companion.
- Wooden spoon
- Black wool
- Black paint
- Pink gem, button
- Black craft foam
- White fabric paint
- Paint the wooden spoon black. On the dish of the spoon glue the two eyes.
- To make the ears, cut triangular shapes from the black foam. Attach ears on the top of the dish.
- To make the tail, glue ribbon at the handle. Cut 3 lengths of wool and glue under eyes.
- To make the nose you can attach a button. Draw the mouth with fabric paint.
- Your toddler’s companion is ready!
[ Read : Fun Activities For Toddlers ]
3. Toy Ghost:
Your toddler can have fun with his own ghost this Halloween:
- White felt
- Fabric glue
- Embroidery thread and needle
- Gems for eyes, button
- Fabric paint to decorate your toy
- You can use a bat template to cut out bat shapes from the felt.
- Sew around the edges.
- Leave gap at the bottom to stuff the toy. Sew it up once it is full.
- Glue the gems to make the eyes and nose.
- Use a big sized button to make the spooky mouth. The toy looks simply great now!
4. Ghost Craft:
You can easily come up with this craft with the bits and pieces in your home.
- Drinking cups
- Wool for hanging
- Paper fastener
- Black pen
- White tissue paper
- Cut squares measuring 12X12 inches from 2 tissue papers. Put them cross wise.
- Push a fastener through the middle of the square tissues and at bottom of the cup.
- Open it up inside the cup.
- Draw face and attach a thread on the paper fastener.
- You can now hang your paper ghost.
[ Read : Halloween Food For Kids ]
5. Skeleton Craft:
You can transform a simple bag to a skeleton this Halloween:
- Black bag
- Skeleton picture
- White sticky tape
Take a black colored bag and cut holes on the two sides for the arm and on the top for the skull.
- Draw a skeleton with white chalk.
- Use white tape to cover the lines drawn.
- Cut out the arms and skull from a skeleton picture and paste them on respective areas on the bag.
- Your skeleton is ready to celebrate Halloween with you.