Pregnancy is the time when your body undergoes several changes. You may experience severe discomfort during pregnancy owing to morning sickness or increased weight.
Some of the most common problems that you may tend to bear with are gastrointestinal disorders like heartburn, bloating, stomach cramps and constipation. Abdominal pain, pain in the lower back and leg cramps are also common complaints during pregnancy. Eating ginger during pregnancy can help reduce pain in joints and aid digestion.
It is advisable that you seek suggestions from your healthcare provider regarding the benefits and risks of taking oral ginger supplements, to free your mind from all doubts.
Benefits Of Eating Ginger During Pregnancy:
Ginger is a natural ingredient that is known to neutralize stomach acids and thus reduce occurrences of gas, bloated feeling and aids digestion. Here are some of the most common benefits of ginger use in pregnancy:
- Ginger stimulates blood circulation and makes sure t
- Ginger reduces cholesterol level, which reduces the risks of a high cholesterol level during pregnancy.
- If you are suffering from morning sickness and nausea, you can expect relief by taking ginger.
- Ginger is effective for treating common colds, minor ailments and persistent coughs.
- It is known to contain about 12 antioxidants that work as a great anti-inflammatory agent and also neutralize the free radicals.
- Make sure you use fresh ginger in tea or for cooking purpose. It increases the supply of iron and vitamin C that supports the immune system of your unborn child. This reduces the chances of birth defects.
- Ginger is low in sodium that makes it a safe option in different recipes.
[ Read: Amla During Pregnancy ]
- According to the research findings from a study conducted at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, involving 187 women, it was found that those who took the ginger during pregnancy first trimester gave birth to babies with congenital malformation.
- Babies born had birth defects that affected their hearts, kidneys and lungs, according to the reports published byAmerican Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Women were asked to rate from 1 to 10 as to how effective they found ginger in treating morning sickness.
- According to the findings, it was concluded to have “mild” effects of morning sickness. More than half of the women said ginger had little or almost no effect for them.
- Women took ginger in different forms such as capsule, herbs and so on. Those who consumed herb agreed that it had some good effects on them.
[ Read: Soybeans During Pregnancy ]
You must always consult your doctor before you add ginger to your diet. You must discuss the risks and benefits of taking ginger to ease the problem of morning sickness.
- If fresh ginger does not work, some doctors recommend ginger supplements. However, overdose of ginger supplements can cause miscarriages or menstrual bleeding as well.
- You can avoid these problems with fresh ginger.
Get Creative With Ginger:
Ginger adds a unique flavor to foods apart from supplying the vital nutrients. You can have fun with ginger in different ways:
- Mince ginger on roasted potatoes or on steamed veggies like green beans and snap peas.
- Use shredded ginger in chili recipes or soups to enjoy a new taste.
- Fresh ginger can add a new twist to trout and salmon.
[ Read: Walnut During Pregnancy ]
Pregnancy is one of the most important conditions in the life of every woman. You are responsible for the health and survival of another life developing inside your womb.
Make sure you eat right and get the right amount of nutrition for your fetus. Let your child get nothing but the best for you.
Do share your views with us in the comment section below:
Reference Links: 1
- 8 Health Benefits Of Pistachios During Pregnancy
- 7 Health Benefits Of Eating Kidney Beans During Pregnancy
- 8 Amazing Nutritional Benefits Of Eating Nuts During Pregnancy
- What Are The Benefits Of Eating Amla During Pregnancy?