Crocodiles are large four-legged beasts living in the tropical waters. They are usually found near marshes, swamps, lakes, estuaries and mangroves. These carnivorous creatures are crowned as the most aggressive creature on earth.
Crocodiles are one of the oldest creatures living on the planet. They are thought to be around 200 million years old. Do you know that crocodiles swallow stones when they are on the banks of the river? This helps them swim deeper.
Top 10 Crocodile Coloring Pages For Kids:
Children find these creatures intriguing because of the danger associated with them. This is the reason why crocodile coloring sheets are extremely popular with kids. Here is a collection of crocodile coloring pages to print in their realistic and cartoon forms.
1. Mighty Crocodile:
Introduce your child to the crocodile with this coloring sheet.
- Crocodiles are one of the deadliest creatures found on earth. Tell your child some more facts about this awesome reptile as he or she colors the sheet.
- There are more than 15 species of crocodiles, with size ranging from 2 to 7.5 meters. Crocodiles can live equally well in the sea as well as freshwater.
- Encourage your child to use his green, yellow and brown colors liberally, while coloring the sheet.
[ Read: Wild Animals Coloring Pages ]
Does your child know the difference between alligator and crocodile? An alligator has a U shaped nose while a crocodile has a V shaped nose. Share some more facts about alligator with your child with this coloring sheet.
- Alligators are reptiles residing in aquatic habitats. They are closely related to crocodiles.
- There are two main species of alligators – Chinese alligator and American alligator.
- They usually live in freshwater environments like swamps, ponds, marshes and lakes.
3. Freshwater Crocodile:
Here is a freshwater crocodile-coloring sheet for your little animal lover.
- A freshwater crocodile is a small, with size ranging from 2.3 to 3 meters.
- These crocodiles has a slender snout and smaller teeth than the deadly saltwater crocodile. They have a light brown colored body with dark bands.
- They are usually found in the states of Queensland, Western Australia and Northern Territory.
- Their habitat includes freshwater wetlands, rivers and creeks.
[ Read: Zoo Animals Coloring Pages ]
Gharial, also known as gavial, is a popular species of crocodile. Here is a mighty coloring sheet of the same for your kid.
- It has a characteristic, elongated snout, which becomes proportionally shorter and thicker with age.
- The gharial is one of the largest crocodile species, the largest reaching up to 23 feet in length.
- Gharials are the most aquatic of all the crocodiles as they have short and weak legs.
- They are found in the rivers of northern India.
[ Read: Hunting Coloring Pages ]
5. Broad-Snouted Caiman:
This coloring sheet will surely entice the inner crocodile lover in your kid.
- The broad snouted caiman is a crocodile found in eastern and Central America, Argentina, Brazil and Bolivia.
- This crocodile is recognized for its extremely broad snout that grows up to 3.5 meters in length.
- Ask your child to use pale olive green for this fierce crocodile.
6. Tick-Tock The Crocodile:
Meet Tock–Tock, a popular character from Peter Pan. Tick-tock is a green, saltwater crocodile with sharp teeth, long tail, yellow eyes and dark spikes on the back.
- He is a hungry crocodile who tries to eat whatever he can lay his hand on.
- He was adopted by Rosetta pixie, who he mistook as his mother.
[ Read: Alligator Coloring Pages ]
7. Saltwater Crocodile:
The saltwater crocodile, also known as saltie is the largest of all the living reptiles. The males reach a size of 22 feet and weigh as much as 2000 kg.
- Saltwater crocodiles are the most dangerous extant crocodile to humans. They are found majorly in the freshwater regions of Eastern India, northern Australia and Southeast Asia.
- This carnivorous predator is capable of eating almost any animal that enters its territory.
8. Connect The Dots:
Who is that animal hiding behind the numbers? Ask your child to join the dots to reveal the animal.
- Make sure your child connects all the dots in order before he colors the sheet.
- This coloring sheet will allow your child to learn numbers in a fun way.
[ Read: Wolf Coloring Pages ]
9. The Croc:
Here is a coloring sheet of the Croc, a minor antagonist in the television series “Jungle Cubs”.
- Your kindergarteners will add color as they explore their imagination, thinking what it would be like to be a crocodile.
- The Croc appears as a minor threat to the cubs and Bagheera in this series.
- He is a black colored, heavy crocodile with spiky scales.
- He is extremely arrogant and rude with the other inhabitants of the forest.
[ Read: Leopard Coloring Pages ]
10. Cute Crocodile:
Not all crocodiles are scary. This shy crocodile is in need of some colors. Can your child help him with it?
- This coloring sheet will surely make your little one smile. For some extra fun, ask him to write a story to go with it.
- As your child works on this sheet he will get great practice coloring inside the lines.
These free printable crocodile coloring pages online are guaranteed to keep your children entertained in their spare time. The information provided with these crocodile coloring pictures will make their coloring session more interesting.
We would love to get your feedback on these crocodile coloring page printable. Share your experience in the comment box below.
- Free Printable Zoo Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Color
- Free PrintableJungle Animals Coloring Pages For Your Naughty Kid
- Free Printable Fox Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love
- Top 10 Leopard Coloring Pages For Your Toddler
- Top 25 the Lion King Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Do