Giving birth to a new life is one of the exquisite experiences in this world. The power of giving birth is a nature’s wonder in itself and it is women who are bestowed upon with this miraculous gift of nurturing a life in their bodies! It is due to this fact that a woman, when she knows she’s pregnant, may become over-conscious of her diet and exercise routine.
Fruits and veggies naturally aid in the healthy growth of the fetus. Banana is one such fruit women should consider. You might still be doubtful about taking banana during pregnancy. You would be wondering if the fruit would really be good for your baby. Is banana good during pregnancy, you ask. Relax and read on, we say!
14 Health Benefits Of Banana During Pregnancy:
A rich source of calcium, potassium and many other essential nutrients, banana is great fruit to consume without much worry. So, all you ladies out there who are expecting and would-be mothers in a few months, check out some of the benefits of this
1. Rich In Folic Acid:
Folic acid is essential for the development of nerves, brain, spinal cord of your growing foetus.
- Its deficiency can cause premature births or child born with a disability.
- Banana contains Folic acid which can be easily absorbed by your developing baby from your body.
[ Read: Folic Acid During Pregnancy ]
2. Reduces Anemia:
One of the common prenatal issues is anemia, which may result in complications during later stages of pregnancy and even during childbirth.
- This can be overcome by regular intake of diet rich in iron and iron rich fruits and vegetables.
- Banana is one of the great sources of iron which every woman should consume. Doing so will accelerate iron in body, by producing haemoglobin and reducing anemic symptoms.
[ Read: Anemia In Pregnancy ]
3. Fights Constipation:
Constipation becomes all the more problematic for a pregnant lady, who struggle for a regulated gastrointestinal symptom while pregnant.
- To naturally reduce constipation, stomach bloating and ensure smooth bowel movement without taking supplements, ladies should increase the intake of banana in their diet.
- This is essential as banana contains fibres which enable smooth bowel movement and easy movement of stools from your body.
[ Read: Constipation During pregnancy ]
4. Good Source Of Calcium:
It is common knowledge that calcium is essential for the development of bones and skeleton system in children as well as adults.
- This miraculous fruit called banana is a rich source of calcium.
- Thus, it is a must for healthy bone development of your growing child and therefore you should regularly consume it.
[ Read: Calcium During Pregnancy ]
5. Boosts Blood Cell Growth:
Bananas during pregnancy provide a good source of vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B6 acts as a neurotransmitter.
- It also boosts up the growth of RBCs, i.e., Red Blood Cells in your body.
6. Great Antioxidant:
Vitamin C is also present in this amazing fruit.
- Vitamin C is a good antioxidant which fights the ageing process.
- In addition to this, it also boosts your immune system and therefore is great for your baby.
7. Protein For Bodybuilding:
Protein is often associated with growth and bananas are a rich source of protein as well.
- Vegetarians should increase their protein intake by regularly consuming bananas (along with chickpeas and pulses).
- Having a banana is a best pre-exercise snack, as you should never exercise on an empty stomach.
8. Reduces Nausea:
Feeling puke-ish in the morning? It happens to most expecting mothers.
- This is mostly seen during the first trimester of pregnancy, i.e. the first three months.
- It is sometimes observed that if banana is regularly consumed in the early stages of pregnancy, it helps in reducing the morning sickness or the nauseous feeling many women experience during this period.
[ Read: Nausea During Pregnancy ]
9. Blood Pressure Stabiliser:
Blood pressure fluctuation is a yet another issue of concern in pregnant women. Maintaining blood pressure naturally through a healthy diet is the best way to curb unnecessary tension and anxiety.
- Since banana is a rich source of Potassium therefore it helps in maintaining blood pressure of the expecting mother during the course of pregnancy.
- Also, potassium helps in reducing those muscle cramps and leg pains during pregnancy.
10. Energy Booster:
Nothing can beat banana in providing instant energy! Banana combined with a glass of milk is considered as a full meal.
- A banana contains all the 3 natural sugars viz. glucose, fructose and sucrose which act as an energy source for all age groups.
- Thus, it is extremely necessary for pregnant women to eat bananas daily for energy requirements.
11. Stops Hunger Pangs:
Banana is full of the good kind of carbs! It is very filling substitute, so choose it over a bag of chips or chocolates.
- You can eat banana to stop binging between meals, as it acts as a full meal in itself.
- Thus, it reduces those hunger pangs that you might feel after every few hours.