- Free Printable Camel Coloring Pages For Your Naughty Kid
- Free Printable Cow Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- Free Printable Letter D Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- Top 10 Jungle Animals Coloring Pages For Your Naughty Kid
- Top 10 Diego Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Color
Children totally adore dogs. These playful creatures make one of the most adorable pets. There are more than hundreds of breeds of dogs, each varying greatly in size and color.
Dogs are one of the most popular subjects of coloring sheet among kids. Here is a fine collection of dog coloring sheets for all the dog enthusiasts.
Top 25 Dog Coloring Pages For Kids:
These dog coloring sheets will familiarize your kid with the dog. You can teach him how dog is a faithful animal. These dog coloring pages printable will help your kids recognize the different breeds of dogs.
1. ‘D’ Is For Dog Coloring Page:
Here is a D for Dog coloring sheet for your preschoolers. This worksheet will help your child
- Tell your child to trace the letter with a crayon and then fill the colors. You can also ask your child to give this cute and tiny dog a name.
- You can also print out this coloring sheet to create an alphabet coloring book. This will help your child remember the alphabets better.
Here is a cute coloring sheet featuring a baby pug holding a piece of bone with pug written on it. It looks like this cute dog is up for some mischief.
- Pugs have short-muzzled face and curled tail. This small, lively dog originated in China. Their friendly nature makes them one of the favorite pets of kids.
- Pug has a fine, glossy coat and comes in a variety of colors. It has a compact, square body with well-developed muscles.
[ Read: Hunting Coloring Pages ]
This adorable poodle is enjoying the sunny day by taking a walk in the garden. Ask your child to color the furry dog and her surroundings in the brightest colors possible.
- Poodle is a type of water dog originally bred in Germany. They are regarded as the second most intelligent dog breed after collie.
- They have moisture resistant furs, which make them excellent swimmers and retrievers. Poodles are also skilful in many kinds of dog sports like tracking and herding.
4. German Shepherd:
Here is a black and white diagram of a German Shepherd waiting to be colored. A German Shepherd is usually a mixture of tan and dark brown in color, but you can tell your child to color it any way she wants.
- German Shepherd, also known as Alsatian Wolf Dog is a large sized working dog that originated in Germany.
- They were originally trained to herd sheep, but were later included in search and rescue mission, police and military roles and even acting for their strength, intelligence and obedience.
Here is a coloring sheet of Labrador, the most popular dog in the world. Ask your child to color the black and white diagram of this loving dog and give him a name.
- Their gentle and loyal nature makes the Labrador a great family dog. They are well behaved, even-tempered around young children and elderly.
- Labrador dogs have webbed paws, which make them great swimmers. In fact, they were originally bred to retrieve fishing nets. They are also trained to aid blind people and autism patients.
[ Read: Alphabet Coloring Pages ]
Bulldogs may look fierce and intimidating, but they are one of the friendliest dog breeds you can find. If your child is a dog lover, then he will surely enjoy coloring this cartoon form of bulldog.
- Bulldog is a heavy and muscular dog with a distinctive pushed-in nose and wrinkled face. They have thick folds of skin on their brow and wide-set eyes.
- It is the fifth most popular dog breeds in the world. Its disposition is equable, kind, resolute and courageous.
- Bulldogs get along well with children and other pets. They become so attached to their owners that they do not even venture out of the yard without its human companion.
7. Yorkshire Terrier:
Here is a cute coloring sheet of Yorkshire Terrier with her smooth and silky hair. You cannot find a dog cuter than Yorkshire Terrier.
- The Yorkshire Terrie, also known as Yorkie, is a small dog bred originally to catch rats in clothing mills.
- Yorkshire Terrier is renowned for their glossy, fine, silky and straight hair. They have a long coat that is parted down the middle of the back.
- Yorkshire Terrier has also been a part of the development of other breeds like Australian Silky Terrier.
8. Golden Retriever:
Here is a coloring sheet for you and your kids to share. Color this diagram of the Golden Retriever and share some fun facts about this dog with your kids.
Golden Retriever is a large sized breed of dog bred to retrieve shot waterfowl like ducks and birds, hence the name. They have a dense inner coat that keeps them warm in the outdoors.
These dogs are extremely friendly and affectionate and make a great guide dog, hearing dog and deaf hunting dog.
[ Read: Police & Police Car Coloring Pages ]
Introduce your little one to beagles with this coloring sheet. This cute dog will surely bring a smile to your kid’s face.
- A beagle is a short dog with small ears and short legs.
- They have an even temper and friendly disposition, which make them a great household pet.
- They appear in a range of colors, although white with large black areas and light brown shading is the most common.
- Beagle dogs have a great sense of smell. In fact, they were originally bred for tracking hare, deer and rabbit. They are also employed as detection dogs.
10. Siberian Husky:
Here is a coloring image of Siberian Husky taking a walk in the garden. This dog is recognized for its thick, double coat, erect triangular ears, sickle tail and distinctive markings.
- Siberian Husky is the oldest breeds of dogs. They are very energetic, agile and resilient breed of dogs.
- Siberian Husky is a medium-to-large-sized dog breed that originated in northeastern Siberia. They are also known as the Eskimo’s dogs.
Here is a cute, little Chihuahua peeking from a drum. Ask your child to fill in some colors to bring life to this scene.
- Do you know how this little dog got his funny name? This dog was named after the state of Chihuahua in Mexico. Share this fact with your kids as well.
- The Chihuahua is a small breed of dog with a loud bark. They come in a wide variety of colors, head shapes and coat lengths.
[ Read: Wild Animals Coloring Pages ]
12. Great Dane:
Introduce your child to the Great Dane with this coloring sheet. The Great Dane is one of the tallest breeds of dogs.
- It is a German breed of domesticated dog. They are known for their enormous size and great height.
- Kids love Great Danes for their friendly nature. These dogs are known to seek physical affection from their owners.
The Doberman is a breed of domestic dog. It was developed by Karl Friedrich, a tax collector from Germany in 1890. It is a medium-sized dog with a square build and short coat.
- Doberman is an alert, loyal and intelligent breed of dog, making it suitable for companionship and family life.
- They are also used as police dogs and guard dogs for their determined and obedient temperament.
This coloring sheet features a cute Pomeranian dog. Pomeranian pets are popular with kids for their small size and lively personalities. Teach your child more about Pomeranian dogs with this coloring sheet.
- These small and fluffy dogs are named after a region of Central Europe. They are also known as toy dog for their small size.
- These compact yet sturdy dogs have an abundant, textured coat with a plumed tail.
- They come in a variety of colors like black, white, brown, red, cream and orange.
[ Read: Sheep Coloring Pages ]
15. Cocker Spaniel:
Cocker Spaniel is a small dog with long and silky hair. Ask your child which color he would use to color this adorable dog. He can also learn some letters with this coloring sheet.
- Cocker Spaniel was originally bred specifically to hunt woodcock, hence the name. Their small size and even temperament make them an ideal choice as pets.
- It is a medium sized dog with medium long and silky fur on the body and ears. They have round eyes, shorter muzzle and a domed skull.
This coloring sheet features boxer, a playful and energetic breed of dog. Ask your child to give this playful dog a name of his choice after coloring this sheet.
- Boxer was bred from the Old English Bulldog and Bullenbeisser.
- It is a medium sized, well-built dog with square jaws. It has a smooth coat, which covers the entire body.
[ Read: Letter D Coloring Pages ]
Collie is a type of herding dog that originated in Scotland. It is a well-built dog with pointed snout and distinctive white patterns over its shoulders.
- Collie dogs are known for their intelligence and agility. They are adept at following orders and herding large flocks of sheep.
- These smart dogs become distressed if they are not kept active and are not placed in a stimulating environment. This makes them excellent work dog and companion animals.
18. English Sheepdog:
The English Sheepdog is a large breed of dog, which was developed in England as a herding type of dog. These large and intelligent animals were used to herd sheep.
- These dogs can be easily recognized by their thick and shaggy gray coat that covers the face and eyes. Its ears lie flat to the head.
- The color of the coat varies from gray to black to blue and white coat.
The tall and stately dog you see here is Greyhound, the fastest dog in the world.
- This old European breed of dog makes an excellent pet. They are gentle, quiet and loyal to their owners.
- Their long legs, flexible spine and large heart allow them to run up to 40 miles per hour.
Here is a coloring sheet of corgi, a breed of dog that originated in Wales. They are one of the oldest dog breeds in the world.
- Corgi has an athletic body with short leg. Its athletic body helps to herd livestock like sheep, cattle and poultry.
- Corgi dogs are extremely loyal family dogs. They live in a variety of settings from farms to apartments.
21. St. Bernard:
St. Bernard is a breed of large, working dog from the Italian Alps. This dog was originally bred for rescue missions in the Swiss Alps. Share some facts with your kids as they color the sheet.
- Bernard is the strongest, biggest and fluffiest dogs in the world.
- Its coat is typically in red and white colors, but can sometimes be mahogany brindle with white with black shadings on the face and ear.
Bloodhound is a large breed of dog bred originally for hunting wild boar and deer. Its gentle temperament makes it very popular with the kids. This coloring sheet will surely appeal to kids of all ages.
- Bloodhound is famed for its ability to discern human odors even across water.
- Its extraordinary sense of smell combined with strong tracking instinct make it popular in the crime investigation department.
23. Afghan Hound:
The glamorous dog you see on the coloring sheet is the Afghan Hound, one of the oldest dog breeds in existence. It originated in the mountains of Afghanistan.
- The dog is distinguished by its thick, silky and fine coat with a ring curl at the end.
- This breed of dog is not suitable for an enclosed living, as it needs regular exercise and physical activity to maintain its health and fitness.
24. Alaskan Malamute:
The Alaskan Malamute is a large breed of domesticated dog. It was originally bred for hauling heavy freight because of their strength and endurance.
- Its thick fur keeps it warm and dry in cold weather. Schnauzer is usually black and white in color with a stiff and wiry hair coat.
- It is a heavy dog with a formidable structure and nature. Its ears are small and proportionate.
This cute Schnauzer dog is sad over something. Why don’t you ask your child to color his image to make him feel special?
- Schnauzer dogs are calmer and easier to train than other terrier types of dogs. This makes them excellent family pets.
- It is a robust, squarely built dog with aristocratic bearing. They are known for their agility, alertness, intelligence, strength and endurance.
These free printable dog coloring pages online are ideal for both home and classroom use. Your kids will surely have a good time experimenting with different shades to fill these black and white diagrams.