Come pregnancy and you start feeling upside down. Clumsiness is often induced by pregnancy and is mostly encountered by all women during some or the other phase of their pregnancy.
So, if you find that you are forgetting your passwords or are dropping your favorite tea mug, don’t blame yourself. It is also not uncommon to trip while walking and feel dizzy at times. Clumsiness during pregnancy is an integral part, but only till you deliver your baby. Once you have your baby in your arms you will find that you are your graceful back.
Is Clumsiness A Sign Of Early Pregnancy?
Though it might seem irritable and annoying in contrast to your personality, clumsiness might be an early signal that you are pregnant.
- Before you find out through medical reports about your pregnancy, it might be easy to guess by checking if you are feeling clumsy all the time.
- Although not all women might face this, many women find that they get easily tired, forget things and also get off balance in
[ Read: Dizziness During Pregnancy ]
4 Major Causes Of Clumsiness During Pregnancy:
There are four most common causes which make you feel clumsy during pregnancy. They are as follows:
1. Growing Belly:
As your belly grows every trimester, your centre of gravity shifts and it becomes difficult for you to maintain your balance.
- Most often you might lose balance while climbing stairs or when you are carrying or lifting something heavy.
- Also because of your belly you might not be able to see your feet and thus it can create balance problems.
2. Hormonal Changes:
Pregnancy is the time when your body undergoes a huge amount of hormonal changes.
- A hormone called relaxin is released from the placenta and it causes the muscles and ligaments to become loose.
- This makes you retain extra fluids in your body and causes difficulty in grasping and holding objects.
[ Read: Vomiting During Pregnancy ]
3. Fatigue And Exhaustion:
During pregnancy it is common for you to get drained of your energy and feel listless.
- Many a times due to fatigue you might feel off-balance or might look completely clumsy.
- You might also feel tired while doing any bit of work and simply feel dull.
4. Pregnancy Brain:
During pregnancy you might feel more stressed out due to psychological factors.
- When you are stressed, an enzyme will be activated in your brain and will erase your short term memory, making you more forgetful.
- Thus you might keep on forgetting some simple things and become irritated.
- While you are pregnant you should be prepared for one or all of these symptoms.
5 Remedies To Get Rid Of Clumsiness During Pregnancy:
It may not be possible to completely get rid of clumsiness in pregnancy. At the same time, there are no medicines to help you overcome clumsiness. All you can do is take precautionary measures.
They are as below:
- Wear comfortable shoes and walk slowly. Try not to walk on slippery or watery places. You may fall down and might cause harm to your baby and yourself.
- You need to be very cautious while climbing. Always hold the handrails so that you have less risk of missing any step or tripping down.
- Try not to lift any heavy objects. If it happens to drop from your grip it might harm you.
- Don’t sit or stand abruptly. Take your time to stand up and then start walking slowly.
- Avoid going to excessively crowded places. You can also reduce your travel when you are not in your spirits.
[ Read: Breathing Problem During Pregnancy ]
Should You See Your Doctor If You Are Feeling Clumsy?
In general there is no harm if you are feeling clumsy. But if you have the below mentioned symptoms along with clumsiness, you should call on your doctor:
- Blurred vision
- Pain in upper belly
Pregnancy is a time of joy and anxiety. So enjoy all the good and bad symptoms of pregnancy as it is an experience of a lifetime, but also be conscious when something seems wrong.
We hope you might find this information on pregnancy clumsiness useful while you are pregnant and also when you are trying to conceive.
- 3 Effective Ways To Treat Chlamydia During Pregnancy
- 5 Effective Ways To Cope With Fatigue During Pregnancy
- 9 Effective Home Remedies To Cure Heartburn During Pregnancy
- Top 10 Remedies For Bloating During Pregnancy