Pregnancy is all about taking that extra care while consuming various forms of food, keeping in mind the best interests of your baby inside the womb. While you may know the safety parameters for most of the food groups, certain categories get into debate and confusion, calling for anxiety and confirmation. Vinegar group is one of them, with apple cider vinegar being the most discussed.
It is still not confirmed by any medical evidence as to whether consuming apple cider vinegar during pregnancy poses any real threat. But apple cider vinegar gets into the query most often as some pregnant women practically crave for its taste.
As per the recent studies and reports, it has been stated that pasteurized apple cider vinegar can be safely consumed during pregnancy, while uncertainties exists in case of the unpasteurized category.
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is made from crushed apples that are later made to ferment, first turning into alcohol and finally
- The fermented product is then aerated and sold across the counters to be relished as a drink.
- Most times, the end product is pasteurized in order to remove potentially harmful bacteria like E. coli.
- The sellers also provide the pure, unpasteurized version, but there is no concrete assurance that this category is totally safe during pregnancy.
[ Read: E Coli Infection During Pregnancy ]
Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar During Pregnancy:
Over years, apple cider vinegar proved to be beneficial for human health, providing relief from ailments such as obesity, osteoarthritis, skin diseases and other chronic illnesses.
Some experts state that women who consume apple cider vinegar during pregnancy, tend to give birth to babies with excellent chemical pattern ideal to adapt and sustain to changing environments. This statement, however, is more of a well-known proclamation by one of the propagators of vinegar groups than that of a neutral inference.
Drinking apple cider vinegar during pregnancy offers multiple benefits. It provides temporary relief from annoying ailments that are common. Some of them are:
- Mitigation of high carbohydrate meals.
- Fights nausea and terrible feeling of morning sickness.
- Tastes great during the uncertain period of hormonal imbalance, giving in cravings
- Neutralization of blood glucose levels.
- Relief from constant heart burn, a frequent complaint during the last trimester of pregnancy.
- Reduction of skin ailments by topical application.
[ Read: Nausea During Pregnancy ]
Safety Threshold During Pregnancy Period:
A lot of doctors suggest that pregnant women should choose the pasteurized version of apple cider vinegar than the unpasteurized one. As risks of any inborn bacterial components that can directly harm your baby, increase rapidly.
- Also, there are wide spread specifications of the pH levels that can be allowed to be taken during pregnancy.
- While there is no confirmed study of vinegar group significantly impacting pregnancy, it is better to stay in the comfort of safer variants that are tested void of any bacterial residue.
[ Read: Raspberry Leaf Tablets In Pregnancy ]
Tips For Mommies:
- If you are keen on going for the available supplements of apple cider vinegar in the market, it is recommended that you examine the constitution of the same before buying.
- It is recommended to take the help of your doctor before concluding apple cider vinegar is right for your body.
- A detailed discussion on this would help in order to rule out any other aspects of your medical history conflicting with the intake of vinegar group.
- Unless otherwise restricted, you are okay to go ahead and consume the safer version of pasteurized apple cider vinegar.
[ Read: Muskmelon During Pregnancy ]
Hope this article helped you to know more about apple cider vinegar in pregnancy. Do share your views in the comment section.
Reference : 1
- Is It Safe To Use Almond Oil During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Eat Olive Oil During Pregnancy?
- 9 Effective Home Remedies To Cure Heartburn During Pregnancy
- 8 Health Benefits Of Eating Custard Apple During Pregnancy