Listening to stories is one of the favorite pastimes of kids. Many of us have wonderful memories of being read to, by Mommy, Daddy or a fond grandparent. In particular, bedtime stories are a wonderful way to bond with your child.
Our List of Top 10 Short Bedtime Stories For Toddlers:
Most picture books are ideal as a best time story! Your child will love it when you slowly browse through the book; she will see the pictures with her eyes, her ears will listen to your voice, and her brain will make the connection between visuals and sound. Thus, bedtime storytelling also serves as a cognizant activity.
Here, we have listed down some of the most famous toddlers bedtime stories that are popular among kids.
1. Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs:
This is an interesting story where an old grandfather talks to his grandchildren about a town named Chewandswallow where the natives of the town get food through the weather.
- The weather provides ice cream through snow, hamburger
- When the weather is bad then the people get to eat not so nice things, like pea soup fog, spouts cakes etc and the traffic get blocked etc.
- So the natives decide to live the town and settle in a new town where they have to struggle to earn their livelihood but lead a peaceful life.
- Moral of the story is you should work hard and you will get what you deserve.
[ Read: Thirsty Crow Story ]
2. The Tortoise And The Hare:
This is the best bedtime story for toddlers which we would have heard a zillion times when we were children. This is a story of a tortoise and a proud hare who decide to race, as the hare wants to prove his supremacy.
- The hare is very sure of his win and so he decides to take some rest after the race begins as he thinks that the tortoise is way behind.
- While he sleeps off the tortoise slowly but steadily covers the ground and wins the race.
- When the hare wakes up he finds to his dismay that the tortoise already won the race while he was fast asleep due to his over confidence.
- Moral of the story is “Slow and steady wins the race”.
3. Green Eggs And Ham:
This is a sweet little story of a little creature “Sam”, who asks a huge dog like creature to taste a peculiar kind of food ”green eggs ham”.
- The large creature turns down the offer but on insistence tries the food one day.
- To his utter surprise, the creature finds the food to be tasty.
- Moral of the story is that you should not take everything at its face value.
- Find the recipe for green eggs on the internet and delight your little one on sunday morning breakfast time!
[ Read: Three Fishes Story ]
4. The Giving Tree:
This is a beautiful story of a little boy and a tree. The tree loves the boy a lot and offers him all that he wants like shade, breeze, branches to play, delicious apples to eat, etc.
- When the boy grows up the tree also allows the boy to cut the tree to make it into a boat to sail to distant town for work. The boy goes to another town by just leaving the stump of the tree uncared for.
- When the boy becomes a old man he returns back to the tree and sits to rest there. The tree then tells him that the tree does not have anything more to offer.
- To which the old man says he does not need anything now, as he just needs some quiet place to rest. The tree offers him that without any sign of remorse.
- Moral of the story is that you should love your dear ones in a selfless manner and should be giving towards them.